Big Yoga, Yoga is for Every Body

Big Yoga - Flexibility

This DVD focuses more on creating more flexibility in the body, to make a more challenging Yoga practice comfortable for those with weight issues, stiffness, or injury. Includes 25 minutes of flexibility practice, 3 rounds of an easy chair sun salute, a restorative guided relaxation and a bonus track of Meera chanting an ancient peace chant, Om Shanthi
List:  $15.98

Big Yoga - Hatha l

The first in the Big Yoga series, Beginner’s Hatha One is a program for the plus-size yogi who is basically fit, but may not want to go to a regular class in public. A 60 minute traditional Yoga practice, adapted for the larger body, including asana, pranayama, and deep relaxation.
List:  $15.98

What is Yoga?

Hatha Yoga, is a great way to recharge your body. It is quick, it is fast, and it stimulates the nervous and immune systems, improves strength and flexibility, as it centers the mind and opens the spirit. From your very first class you'll start reaping the rewards which include relief from back pain, stress, addiction, depression and insomnia, and weight control. Plus, Yoga can help keep you young. Everyone can do it!

"After teaching Yoga for about 25 years, my body began to change, and so did my Yoga practice.  With more curves to accomodate, and belly and boobs getting in the way, I began to adapt classical Yoga postures for my comfort.  I was inspired to share what I was learning about my body with others like me, who may not look like the standard Yoga model, but who are interested in staying fit and healthy regardless of their size.  The result was my first DVD, Big Yoga Hatha 1, a 60 minute practice that Dr. Dean Ornish has called “invigorating and restorative”.

Big Yoga’s main mission is promote the idea that:  You don’t have to be thin to enjoy the benefits of Yoga!

*above information is from the Big Yoga Website

****************************

The idea of Yoga has always fascinated me, being able to move into those unusual poses and not breaking my back has always left me procrastinating from experimenting with the techniques of Yoga. 
 
Not any more, Meera's DVD's have shown me that I can easily participate in the health benefits of Yoga and not hurt my body. My body can move again and the meditation segment is so relaxing.

At my age, movement and flexibility has it's limits.  I have been following her DVD's for a week now and love how easy I can follow her instructions and make my stiff body move again. My goal is to continue with her DVD's and add some cardio work in once I feel my body can handle it.  

Meera begins with very clear instructions and eases you into movement without making you feel overwhelmed.  Her voice is very calming and enjoyable.

Yoga is now a everyday "workout" for me, it gets me moving in the morning and I feel better all day. 
Thank you so much Meera!

*Disclosure:  I was provided with a complimentary sample of this product to do a review.  My opinions are always my own, your experience or opinion may be different. Please see my full Disclosure Policy at the bottom of my blog. If I didn't like it, I would tell you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warmly Yours Under Desk Heater Review

Libman Big Job Kitchen Brush

Epsom Salt and Home Remedies